Unbelievable that another year has flashed by. Lately I have grown bitter, cynical, grumpy, and just plain unpleasant to myself. So that last week of 2015 I was eagerly looking forward to a brand new year thinking I was leaving a miserable one behind. I decided to review just what kind of a year 2015 had been and I was pleasantly surprised at how this exercise changed my perspective.
- I made it to England to visit my daughter and her family What an amazing trip! We got to see many sites in London: Trafalgar Square, Picadilly Circus, Abbey Road, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, changing of the guard, The Tower of London, I could go on and on. Most importantly, I got to spend time with my daughter, son-in-law, and my two grandkids.
- In the spring, my mom moved in with me. It’s been an adjustment for both of us but we seem to be making it work.
- The first part of May I was promoted to supervisor of my team.
- In August my youngest son got engaged.
- I started going to the gym again.
- Took several photography classes.
- Wrote over 26,000 in NANOWRIMO.
- Got back in my glass studio.
Looking back, it wasn’t such a bad year which does not account for my negative attitude as of late. So one of my 2016 resolutions is to practice more gratitude. I have much to be grateful for but lately I seem to ignore it and focus instead on the negative. Not any more! I don’t like this downer me and the only one who can change that is me. Bring it on!!